Monday, October 11, 2010

Rats!

Share
I have never quite been one for holiday decorating. I am not really sure why. I like a festive home so when the fall Pottery Barn catalog arrived awhile ago, I decided it was time to spook the place up a bit aside from our resident black cat Leela.




After perusing the catalog, I decided on 2 things; a mercury glass pumpkin and a few creepy looking rats and by creepy, I mean real looking. It turns out the mercury glass pumpkin was sold out. After placing my order, I realized that our only Halloween decorations were going to be creepy rats. Dah well, we might at least get a good laugh out of scaring unsuspecting visitors.




The next morning when I was getting ready for work, I opened my closet and a rat nearly jumped out and attacked me! Then one randomly showed up on top of the TV in the bathroom. For the past week, Kevin and I have been taking turns hiding the rats. So far, they have ended up in cupboards, my work bag, in my couch blanket and hanging off lamp shades.




Finding rats in strange places has been a good excuse to crack up at least twice a day. Who knew holiday decorating could be this fun?


1 comment: