Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Paper-Source design inspiration

Share
I have loved art stores ever since I can remember. Did I say love? I meant loooooove! These stores do not just provide art supplies, they can also serve as an unexpected source of inspiration. I could spend hours walking through the aisles and gazing at the colorful papers and paints. When most kids were playing house or playing with their My Little Pony or Care Bears, I was playing with the stuff in my 'art box.' Even thinking about that box now makes me happy!


My latest favorite is the Paper-Source. I even know where to park in the underground Boston Common Parking Garage so that I come out on the corner closest to the shop on Boylston Street. 


The colors of the stationary have great potential as wall colors. I chose a gorgeous deep blue called 'lake' as an accent wall for my guest bedroom re-do. (More details in a post to come.) You could also use some of the bolder colors for a dresser, dining room chairs or any other accent for a pop of color. Other colors that I find fabulous for wall colors are pool (love at first sight!), cement, khaki, chocolate, gravel, sage, leaf, chartreuse and luxe glass. Accent colors that will give your pad a little more spice-say are strawberry, papaya, poppy, fushia (for the really daring!), plum, beet, grape (instant attraction) and curry. Paper-source offers their latest swatchbook on their website. As I mentioned here, it is really easy and remarkably accurate to have anything color-matched at your local hardware store. 




The graphic art papers can be used as wall art or frame mats. I can even imagine using some of the drastic wrapping papers as inspiration for a wall design. Hmmm...now we're talking!




If you don't have one near you, you can always check it out and order online!

*Images from paper-source.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment